Basic Life Support Ambulance
APS BLS ambulances provide transport for patients who do not require extra support or cardiac monitoring. A typical BLS ambulance staffed by EMT level caregivers transport includes:
- Lower extremity fractures
- Discharges to home and sub-acute care facilities (nursing homes)
- Medical and Surgical patients who do not require cardiac monitoring
- Psychiatric Patients
Advanced Life Support Ambulance
APS ambulances (staffed by state licensed Paramedic) transport patients who need a higher level of care during transport above those services provided by a BLS ambulance. Patients who typically require ALS transport include:
- Any medical/surgical patient with a continuous IV medicine.
- Any patient on a Cardiac Monitor
- Obstetrical Patients
- Patients from urgent care centers
- Patients with potential airway compromise
- Any patient deemed to have a potential complication during transport when report is received from the sending facility.
APS Ambulance is committed to providing the medical transportation needs in our community. Athletic events, association conferences, parades, road races, community festivals and other large crowds/gatherings require provisions for medical care at the event site. First Aid and/or EMS Services must be provided or at least arrange to be provided by the organizing agency. APS Ambulance Service’s professional special event staff has the experience to assist in planning for these large events.
APS Ambulance provides dedicated Ambulance units to standby at special events. These units are staffed with State certified EMT's and or Paramedics and carry all the equipment required to provide life support treatment and transport should an emergency occur during the event. The team members have constant communications with both the event staff and the APS Communications Center via radio and mobile phone. Examples of events that have contracted for APS Ambulance standby have included local town festivals, road races, sporting events and other large gatherings or corporate events.